Monday, October 18, 2010

The easy road to mock lasagna.


So, tonight I wanted lasagna, but had no patience for it.  To much waiting in there.  Max and I don't get home until 6.  We are usually both hungry and tired by the time we eat around 6:30 or 7.  So-- tonight's solution for Lasagna: I bought prego spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, an italian cheese blend, and some mafalda pasta.  Made the pasta, heated the sauce threw in some italian seasoning and parmesan.  Then put some pasta on the plate with a little bit of ricotta and italian cheese blend thrown on top, then sauce drizzled over it all.  on the side we had peas with mushrooms.  And-- It was good enough.  Desperation and lack of time will lead me down the easy road every time.  But sometimes, that road really is good enough.  I'll take the B instead of the A+ tonight thanks!!  And I can live with that quite happily.  good enough..
:)

1 comment:

  1. How about throwing it into a baking dish just to get the cheese all nice and melty? Like a baked pasta? Probably only takes about 10 minutes max under the broiler.

    Then again, that's 10 minutes you could be spending thinking about dessert.

    ReplyDelete