Sunday, May 29, 2011

We're gonna ride on a double decker bus!

So- a week ago, we started weight watchers which means there will be fewer recipes for fried things in the next few months on this blog. We still will eat well because I am determined to create delicious variations of the things we love that I can have for fewer points.  So... I give you:  Zucchini with Orzo and Feta.  We'd had a ww recipe for a version of this- but I've changed it a little to make it my own.  And before I give you that recipe--- I am including here a few pictures of what we did yesterday-- a double decker bus tour with a few of our dear friends.  I love our city.  And our friends.  What a great day.











Zucchini with Orzo and Feta

  1 Box of Orzo
4 Medium Zucchini cut into small pieces
1 small block or container of Feta cheese
1/2 a sweet onion chopped
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2-4 Tablespoons of parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste


Cook orzo according to directions on package.
Meanwhile
heat olive oil over medium heat.  cook onion until softened- add zucchini, oregano, salt and pepper.
Cook zucchini until bright green and softened- toss the zucchini and onions into the cooked orzo-- add parsley and feta and toss well.  Enjoy hot or at any temp. It's good cold- at room temp- or whatever...of course, I like it hot.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment