Thursday, April 7, 2011

Drive through annoyances...


Dear Taco bell drive through employees,
Just to be clear about our interactions:
When I pull up and you ask me "How are you today?"
 I assume you are asking me how I am.  And so, I will tell you how I am, and then, because you seem to be trying to start some kind of relationship, I will ask you "and how are you?"
 This is called "politeness" or an even bigger word "etiquette."  FYI.
If after I ask "and how are you?" you say nothing
really nothing- not a sound--then I have no idea what is supposed to happen next.
Is our relationship over?  Do you want met to order?  Are you distracted? Are you high and having a party back there?  Did the machine I am talking to and staring at desperately  break?  I don't know.  I just am left wondering- what the hell is happening here?
so let me ask are you familiar with the term "rudeness"? I think you are.
 I'd like to suggest that next time- you just cut to the chase.  Let's skip this awkward non-relationship forming and ridiculous chitchat that has no purpose.  let's acknowledge that you and i are not friends, we haven't met and most likely you do not care about how I am doing.  I am sure you are not doing well, overall, because you are at work, people are mean, and your job often sucks.
so let me suggest that you start by saying:   "May I take your order" or really-- just say ANYTHING THAT IS HELPFUL!!!  and i will respond by placing my order for some really cheap yet crappy food.
If you do not do this next time (and I assume you won't) I will assume that our current system is not working and I will take this as a final sign from God that i should not be eating at Taco bell.  Sad for both of us really.  Cheap, crappy, but delicious.  Sad to lose you.
All of that said, I do hope that you are well and that this might help both of us get through our day quickly and easily with less relational mess.
Sincerely and hopefully yours,
Jacquie

PS_ Chic-fil-a employees who read this-- just know that when I say "thank you" , and you say "my pleasure"- i also know it is not usually a pleasure and your forced to say that, but that is a system I can live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment